GSP-1600 Handheld Satellite Phone
The GSP-1600 provides easy access to satellite voice and data services, including Internet and e-mail access, voicemail, incoming Short Messages, and position location. A complete accessory range allows for installation in vehicles, vessels and portable docking kits.
The Globalstar Handheld Phone is designed with the flexibility to meet the needs of customers who already depend on wireless communications, but find themselves in areas where cellular or radio coverage is either unavailable or inaccessible.
- Voice and Data Capabilities
- Crystal-Clear Voice Quality: Superior CDMA digital satellite quality
- Real World Data Speeds: 9.6 KBps
- Automatic System Select: Just turn up the satellite antenna, and your Globalstar phone will automatically seek out the Globalstar network
- Intuitive Display: Four-line, 48-character display shows battery level, voicemail status, short messages received and satellite signal quality
- Long Life Battery: 3.75 hours talk time, 19 hours standby time
- Built for extremes: Handset is operational from -20 to +55 degrees Celcius
Need to drive with your phone?
For mobile subscribers, a vehicle mounted car kit is available. The Globalstar handheld unit can be mounted in a cradle that provides power to extend battery life and hands-free operation for convenience and driving safety.