With Sat-Fi, use your smartphone or other Wi-Fi enabled devices to send and receive calls, email and SMS text messages over Globalstar’s satellite network. Whether on land or at sea, up to 8 Sat-Fi users will be able to maintain reliable connectivity when beyond cellular with one Sat-Fi device. Experience the industry’s best voice quality and the fastest data speeds, all at an affordable price.
- Be Heard with Globalstar’s crystal-clear voice quality
- Be Productive with the MSS industry’s fastest data speeds, allowing you to send more in less time, and therefore saving airtime costs
- Be Efficient with up to 8 users using their existing devices to share one Sat-Fi connection
- Be Economical with the most affordable airtime plans
- Energy/Oil and Gas
- Commercial/Recreational Marine
- Emergency Management
- Natural Resources
Powered by the world’s newest, most modern satellite network
Simple 10 digit dialing, caller ID and ability to use existing device contacts via the Sat-Fi App
Easily make calls, send emails and SMS from any Wi-Fi enabled device from beyond cellular
Connect up to 8 users to Sat-Fi at one time
Fastest data speeds in the industry for sending and receiving email
Connect with emergency services should the unexpected occur
Enjoy affordable, crystal-clear voice quality with seamless connectivity
Designed for both vehicle/vessel-based and fixed locations
|GLOBALSTAR SAT-FI||IRIDIUM GO!|
|VOICE QUALITY||Industry Leading Voice Quality||Be Heard with Sat-Fi‘s superior voice quality.||Inferior Voice Quality|
|DATA SPEEDS||9.6 kbps||Data connectivity that’s 4x faster – spend 75% less time sending emails.||2.4 kbps|
|REMOTE ANTENNA||Included||3 remote antenna options – magnetic patch,
magnetic helix, pole-mounted marinized helix.
|AIRTIME PRICING||Unlimited Voice
|Most affordable airtime plans; includes voice and data minutes.||Voice approx. $1+/minute
|MULTIPLE USERS||YES (8)||When keeping your entire team connected is key,
Sat-Fi allows you to connect up to 8 users.
PRICINGAFFORDABLE AIRTIME PLANSGlobalstar airtime plans are designed to suit a variety of remote communications needs.
Monthly and annual payment options are available.
Annual plans provide exceptional value for seasonal use.
- 12 month term applies
- All annual service plans of $480.00 / year or less will be charged a Network Maintenance Fee of up to $120.00 / year upon renewal. All annual service plans of more than $480.00 / year will be charged a Network Maintenance Fee of up to $150.00 / year upon renewal.
- All monthly service plans of $40.00 / month or less will be charged a Network Maintenance Fee of up to $9.99 / month after 6 months of activation. All monthly service plans of more than $40.00 / month will be charged a Network Maintenance Fee of up to $12.50 / month after 6 months of activation.
- Early termination of the service agreement will require customer to pay an Early Termination Fee in the amount of 100% of the outstanding balance of the contract, plus the full amount of any credits issued during the Term (including promotions).
- Voice calls within Home Zone will be billed first minute then 30 second increments
- Roaming and Long Distance Calls (outside of Home Zone) will be billed first minute then 60 second increments
- Data calls will be included and billed in 15 second increments. Text/SMS messages are billed as data calls. The duration of most Text/SMS messages should be less than 15 seconds.
- Subscriptions on the same annual plan and the same account will have the minutes pooled
- Unused airtime will not be rolled over to the next billing cycle
|DIMENSIONS||6.3 in x 6.3 in x 2.4 in (16 cm x 16 cm x 6.1 cm)|
|MAX POWER INPUT||14W|
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||-22F to +140F (-30C to +60C)|
|# VOICE CHANNELS||1|
|FREQUENCY/POWER||2.4 GHz/100 mW Max Transmit|
|WI-FI RANGE||Up to 100ft|
- Available for Android, Apple iOS, Mac and Windows
- Easily make voice calls, send emails, SMS and post to social media
- Conveniently use existing device contacts
- S.O.S. alert capability* with GPS location data sent to emergency responders
- Transfer incoming calls and send text messages between connected users
- Sat-Fi unit
- AC/DC power supply
- 12VDC car adapter
- Waterproof DC power cable
- Wi-Fi antenna
- External satellite antenna
- 14 ft coaxial antenna cable
(32 ft, 47 ft and 86 ft also available)
- Mounting accessories
- Quick start guide
SATELLITE ANTENNA OPTIONS
|Home Zone: Within the Home Zone, Globalstar North American customers can freely roam without incurring additional airtime costs. This map is intended to highlight Home Zone coverage for Orbit and Galaxy customers in North America. Coverage is subject to change without notice.
Click here for the list of Home Zone countries and regions.Please note: The Caller I.D. and SMS text messaging for Sat-Fi are NOT available outside the Home Zone. Voice calls and data transmissions for Sat-Fi will work the same as regular voice/duplex outside the Home Zone according to the following service areas:
|Primary Globalstar Service Area|
|Extended Globalstar Service Area
(Customers may experience a weaker signal)
|Fringe Globalstar Service Area
(Customers should expect to experience weakest signal)
|Customers who have purchased their SPOT Global Phone/Globalstar phone outside of this area: Roaming is not currently available when traveling to the following countries and surrounding ocean areas: Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador. Your phone will not work in these areas, however we are working toward resolving this. Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, and parts of Antarctica are currently experiencing technical issues impacting connectivity and service levels. Issues are identified, and we are working to resolve them. Coverage may vary. Map denotes coverage for satellite two-way voice and duplex data only.|
Get a quote
Ready to Sat-Fi Your World? So are we. A Globalstar Expert is standing by.